NAMI Peer-to-Peer Online Course Registration
What is NAMI Peer-to-Peer? NAMI Peer-to-Peer is a free, eight-session educational program for adults (18+) with mental health conditions who are looking to learn more about themselves and define their own wellness and recovery. Led by trained individuals with lived experience, this program includes activities, discussions and group wisdom. This course does not include recommendations for treatment approaches. NAMI Peer-to-Peer provides a safe, confidential space for those seeking mutual support and growth in a "judgment-free zone."
The NAMI Peer-to-Peer course seeks to meet the following goals:
- Create a community that supports individuals and their wellness goals.
- Provide up-to-date research on brain biology and mental illnesses.
- Provide current wellness information and tools to support individual wellness goals.
- Teach skills in the areas of problem solving, listening, communication techniques, and handling crises and relapse.
- Provide guidance on locating appropriate supports and services within the community and offer tips of advocating for those supports and services.
Please Note: We ask that no registration be entered on behalf of someone without the express consent and permission of that person. Registrants will be contacted prior to the class. Registrants must be 18 years of age or older and be living with a mental health condition.